Recipe of the Week
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 ripe banana*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder optional
- In a blender, mix together all of the ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high. Spray with cooking spray. Using a tablespoon, scoop pancake mixture on the pan so it forms a medium circle (use about 2 heaping tablespoons for each pancake).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side or until edges start to harden and bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Top with sliced banana, peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut, and maple syrup, if desired.
- For best results, use a very ripe banana to incorporate more sweetness into the pancakes.
- You can use a whey or vegan protein powder for the purpose of this recipe.
- The nutrition information included is calculated for one pancake and includes the use of vanilla protein powder.