Recipe of the Week
- 1 Cup Dry Wild Rice
- 16 ounces Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1½ Cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Dry Italian Seasoning (no salt)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 6 ounces Fresh Bagged Spinach, (don't worry, it will shrink)
- 12 ounce Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts - chopped (14 oz can artichoke hearts can be used instead)
- 2½ Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Prepare wild rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large pot over medium/high heat, brown the turkey.
- Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle in the flour and immediately stir to coat. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add milk, Italian season, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and spinach.
- Stir and cook until sauce begins to thicken and spinach wilts. Add chopped artichokes.
- Cook and stir for 1-2 more minutes or until the mixture is bubbling.
- Stir in rice. Add additional salt/pepper to taste if needed.
- Remove mixture from heat. Transfer to a 2qt casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes until brown on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.