Recipe of the Week
YIELD: 12 BARS
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup natural roasted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural butterscotch flavor
- 2/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder, or vegan protein powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 3 oz milk chocolate, or vegan chocolate, melted
- Line an 8x8 brownie pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and butterscotch flavor with a spatula. Add the protein powder and salt and mix through.
- Fold in the brown rice cereal and carefully mix in. Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten it out with the spatula. Pour the melted chocolate over the scotcheroo base and tilt the pan around until the chocolate covers the entire surface. Refrigerate until firm for about 1 hour.
- Lift the mixture out of the pan and slice into 32, 2x1 bars. Wrap the scotcheroos in plastic sandwich baggies and refrigerate to store for up to 1 week.
Serving Size: 63 grams