- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter for topping
- 1 teaspoon chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Microwave: Add oats and almond milk into a bowl and stir to combine. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir and continue to microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until the oatmeal is the consistency you like. I usually cook for a total of 3 minutes, but you'll know it's done when most of the liquid is absorbed and oats are hot.
- Add protein and enjoy: Carefully remove from microwave (bowl will be hot). Stir protein powder into oats until completely dissolved and top with peanut butter and chocolate chips, if using.
- Stovetop: To cook this recipe on the stovetop, you'll need 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup of almond milk. Heat over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the oats from sticking. You'll know it's done when most of the liquid has been absorbed and the oats are creamy. Remove from heat, stir in protein powder and transfer to a bowl. Top with peanut butter and chocolate chips, if using.
Serving: 1 bowl (without chocolate chips)
Calories: 333 cal