Recipe of the Week
- 1 lb sliced bacon (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 1 medium head cabbage (cored and chopped)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- Put a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Add the bacon slices and cook until they turn brown and crispy.
- Remove the crispy bacon slices from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
- Leave 3 tbsp of bacon grease from the skillet, then discard the rest.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the chopped cabbage, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Saute for about 15 minutes.
- Add more seasonings if needed.
- Add put the crispy bacon back to the skillet and toss everything until well combined.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle green onions on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!