Recipe of the Week
- 1 (1lb) box medium pasta shells
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 (10oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup water
- garlic, salt & pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown and chop the ground beef with garlic powder, salt, and pepper (or any seasoning of your choice).
- Add the cooked pasta, tomato soup, a half cup of water, and HALF of the cheese to your skillet with the browned beef; stir and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into your greased dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes (I also like to turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese).
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You don't have to use mozzarella for this dish if you'd rather use 100% cheddar instead. Your preference! The mozzarella makes the cheese stringy.!
- You can also add a diced onion or onion powder to the beef mixture.