Recipe of the Week
- 1.3 lbs. (600g) brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup (30g) sliced almonds, roasted
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves if necessary.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, season with salt, and add in the Brussels sprouts. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until softened. Once cooked, drain and transfer into a baking dish.
- Heat the oven to 430°F (220°C). Prepare the crispy topping by mixing the breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, 2 tbsp. of olive oil and lemon zest.
- Top brussels sprouts with the mixture and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the topping is crispy and browned.
- To serve, drizzle the Brussels sprouts with lemon juice and the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil.